Professor – English Language Institute (3 Positions) (GEN 201700023)
English Language Institute
Faculty of Arts, Media and Design
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Internal Applications (Full-time or Partial Load): March 21, 2017
Closing Date for External Applications: March 28, 2017
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach ELI language courses to a variety of levels of non-native speakers of English.
• Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• Excellent communicator
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
• Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
• Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery an asset
• Related work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
• Bachelor’s degree in English or related discipline
• Master’s degree in English, TESL, Linguistics, Education or related discipline
• Minimum 3 years recent and related experience
• TESL Ontario certification or equivalent
• Experience in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) an asset
• Experience in curriculum development, program design, and academic leadership preferred
• Knowledge of other cultures/languages and experience living and/or working abroad preferred
Approximate Start Date: August 14, 2017
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $61,638 to $106,853 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://www.fanshawec.ca/hr/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.